The University of West Florida
Computing Resources Usage Agreement
Access to computing resources is available to University faculty, staff and students. Certain
responsibilities accompany that privilege, and understanding these responsibilities is important for all
computer users. Computer resources can be defined to include all University computing and
telecommunications resources, facilities, networks, services, hardware and software. Users of these
resources agree to the following:
- Computing resources shall be used in pursuit of the University’s mission, goals,
policies and procedures. Computing resources shall not be used for personal financial
gain or for commercial purposes not under the auspices of the University.
- Computing users shall respect the computing environment provided for them.
Computing resources shall not be intentionally altered, damaged, removed, or used to
purposely impede the computing activities of other users.
- Use of the University’s computing and network services shall be in accordance with
state and federal laws, the Florida Board of Governors’ Regulations, and University of
West Florida Regulations, Policies, and Procedures. Violations may result in revocation
of privileges, sanctions, charges of misconduct, or legal action.
- Computing users shall take responsibility for all computing resources assigned to them
and shall not share access to these resources (such as passwords, Nautilus cards, or
printing privileges). The University regards abuse of any computing resources at other
sites, accessed from the University’s computing services, as abuse of the computing
services at the University.
- Computing resources shall not be used to harass, intimidate, threaten, or discriminate
- Computing users shall adhere to established security procedures and shall not access
resources to which they are not entitled, including but not limited to, representing
themselves as someone else and altering or fabricating of records.
- Computing users must adhere to the federal laws regarding copyright, including
software ownership and licensing.
- Notice: Any UWF computer account holder who participates in the unauthorized
distribution of copyrighted material, including unauthorized peer-to-peer file
sharing, is subject to the loss of access to UWF computing resources, disciplinary
action, and civil /criminal liability.
System Administrators reserve the right to access user processes and/or files in order to maintain proper operation of the systems or to investigate illegal or inappropriate use of the computing resources.
By activating my ArgoNet account, I am indicating that I have read and understand the above statements and I AGREE to comply with these policies.